Terra Nova moon

Listers --

Pardon if I missed an earlier discussion but:

I know that the Mesozoic moon would have appeared larger than today's moon, but it seemed absolutely gigantic in TERRA NOVA. Have they overestimated the size or was it really that impressive 85 million years ago? And what would this have done to the tides? They must have been pretty extreme -- or am I misunderstanding the situation?

I'm picturing what extreme high tides coupled with annual coastal storm seasons (and the occasional tsunami), must have done to Western Interior Seaway beaches.

-- Donna Braginetz