RE: tiny-armed theropods

  *Segnosauria* is not defined as a taxon in a Family-level rank, and thus has
no bearing with relation to *Therizinosauroidea*, the name used in support for
*Therizinosauridae*, etc., which does have priority over *Segnosauridae*.
*Therizinosauroidea* was used to supplant *Segnosauria* as the name of value
for the stem, and has been kept that way based solely on use and the sense of
"whomever defines it first shall have that name be used (even if the definition
change) forever!"

  It's silly that, until *Therizinosauria* become used more recently,
*Segnosauria* could still be used for the group. But this hasn't been the case
for workers discussing therizinosaur total group, and I think the name will
fall to disfavor unless somehow resurrected.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/