Re: tiny-armed theropods

If I understand the PhyloCode correctly, date of definition does not
take priority over date of naming. So even if Therizinosauria
(Russell, 1997) is formally defined and registered as the stem
(Therizinosaurus > Passer), even if Segnosauria (Barsbold, 1980) is
*later* formally defined and registered as (Segnosaurus > Passer),
assuming this is the same group, Segnosauria will still have priority
because the name was coined before Therizinosauria, despite the fact
that Therizinosauria was defined/registered first.

The ICPN also does away with the principle of coordination, so as far
as the ICPN is concerned, Therizinosauroidea was coined by Russell &
Dong 1994, not Maleev 1954.

Matt