RE: Most cervical vertebrae in a theropod

For theropods? You want that in herons or non-extant, non-avians? That should
go to *Khaan mckennai* or *Nanshiungosaurus bohlini* for nonavian theropods,
which amass around 13 or so vertebrae, but this doesn't beat the 17-19 I've
noted in various precellariiform or passeriform birds (despite their highly
crooked, U-shaped cervical series, they are still polynumerous).

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/