Re: Complete juvenile theropod unveiled in Germany

Am 13.10.2011 16:02, schrieb Mickey Mortimer:

 Maybe compsognathids as currently recognized are united by
 ontogenetic features and at least some taxa like Juravenator and
 Scipionyx are baby carnosaurs or megalosaurs instead of coelurosaurs.
 But I'd be very surprised if this specimen and Juravenator aren't the
 same kind of theropod, whatever they are.

It's interesting in this context that, in 2001 (I think), Nick Longrich gave a talk at the SVP meeting about his finding that one (just one) of the referred specimens of *Sinosauropteryx* was a carnosaur.