Re: Complete juvenile theropod unveiled in Germany

> It's interesting in this context that, in 2001 (I think), Nick Longrich gave
> a talk at the SVP meeting about his finding that one (just one) of the
> referred specimens of *Sinosauropteryx* was a carnosaur.

Ji et al. (2007) formally removed the large(r) specimen GMV 2124 from
_Sinosauropteryx_.

http://dml.cmnh.org/2007Jun/msg00098.html

I have the impression (from the following post, and elsewhere) that
Nick Longrich thinks (or at least thought) that GMV 2124 was a
coelurosaurian, but that _Sinosauropteryx_ itself (i.e., the holotype
and the remaining referred specimens) was possibly non-coelurosaurian
or carnosaurian.

http://dml.cmnh.org/2000Apr/msg00300.html

Cheers

Tim