RE: Kraken vs. Ichthyosaurs

>> Subject: Re: Kraken vs. Ichthyosaurs
>>
>> "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. Watch as cutting edge CGI and leading
>> scientific experts bring this ancient sea monster to life in the
>> greatest paleontological discovery of all time."

>*nods*  They'll have to mention Charles Darwin in the first five minutes
> of the special, or have some expert come onscreen to say that this
> definately is not the Leviathan.

Oh, but how can you be so sure? the cryptozoologists will come out of the
woodwork.
They'll have cryptozoology shows speculating that this "Kraken" has a relict
population that survived to inspire Greek myths, biblical tales, etc (such
things have already been used on the History channel as *ahem* support *ahem*
for claims of ancient aliens).
Then they'll go looking to see if that relic population is still around - and
if they don't find it, they'll hypothesize that it switched to feeding on
whales, and its population may have severely decreased or went extinct after
the whaling in the early 20th century.

I have a feeling that BS like this is how myths got started millennia ago.