RE: Kraken vs. Ichthyosaurs

On Sun, Oct 16th, 2011 at 2:20 AM, Erik Boehm <erikboehm07@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a feeling that BS like this is how myths got started millennia ago.

The natural proclivity for fishermen to exaggerate has probably resulted in
many 'sea monster'
stories. A 7m giant octopus can become a 70m ship-eater in just a few
retellings of the tale. Not
that you'd have to exaggerate much if you sighted a 17m oarfish though.

Regarding the Triassic kraken; I believe a book is in the works, to be
published in Britain, that will
argue that this particular kraken was exibiting pathological behaviour.

The book will cost six quid.

Dann Pigdon