Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

New Scientist has one by Helmut Tischlinger up at
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2011/10/stunning-new-archaeopteryx-fos.html

On Oct 20, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Mesozoico wrote:

> Know (or have) anyone where I can find a high res pic of this awesome new
> material of Archaeopteryx? The photo that Thomas shared is really great but
> it's so small...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Daniel M. Puglisi
> Administrador
> www.mesozoico.com.ar
> info@mesozoico.com.ar
>

> El 19/10/2011 18:08, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. escribió:
>>> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
>>> On Behalf Of kimba4evr@aol.com
>>>
>>> I'm just an amateur, and it isn't a good picture, but uh -
>>> isn't that a skull under the left wing (wing towards
>>> bottom/left of the image)?
>> :-)
>>
>> That's the Thermopolis specimen, which has a GREAT skull!
>>
>> The caption is very misleading.
>>
>> Here is the real new specimen:
>> http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/2011/10/paleontologists-unveil-the-11th-archaeopteryx/
>>
>> Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.

Jeff Hecht, Correspondent, New Scientist
http://www.newscientist.com
jeff@jeffhecht.com or hechtnews@gmail.com
525 Auburn St., Auburndale, MA 02466 USA
voice 617-965-3834