Re: Dinos and Mythology

I think this relates to fear and reverence to snakes, and perhaps with
exploring other states of conscience and its relationship to the
mentioned fears.
Although bears and large cats are fearsome also, they may have some
elements of similarity to domestic carnivores as dogs, which may
permit humans to be more familiar with them (I do not know actually).