Re: Dinos and Mythology

I've been collecting materials on this topic for a documentary theme - the social aspects of paleontology are fascinating. One source stands above everything else I've been able to scratch together - unfortunately it's in German:

Fossilien im Volksglauben und im Alltag
(http://www.amazon.de/Fossilien-im-Volksglauben-Alltag/dp/3510610512)

Topics cover all the mentioned cases here plus:
the Lindwurm (Plateosaurus,rhinoceros)
the unicorn (goat, narwhale, mammoth)
thunderstones, stone-coins, snake-stones
ammoniten as holy water-stones (japan, england)
cyclops (swarf elephant, rhinoceros skulls)

Very quick and dirty translations... ping me if you have any specific translation interests