Re: Dinosaur Hoaxes

What about Protoavis and Rahonavis? I know that Rahonavis is
especially controversial, because it was for a short while suggested
that it was chimeric, but generally now believed to be NOT a chimera.

I hadn't heard that Microraptor had problems, interesting to hear that.

Isnt' the big-daddy of all 'misnomers' Megalosaurus? One of the
original dinosaurs, now of considerable controversy? Or if we're just
talking about misnaming things (ala B. giganteus) what about

Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College
Physical Sciences Department
S332 ph# 718-368-5792