Re: Dinosaur Hoaxes

What about Protoavis and Rahonavis? I know that Rahonavis is
especially controversial, because it was for a short while suggested
that it was chimeric, but generally now believed to be NOT a chimera.

I hadn't heard that Microraptor had problems, interesting to hear that.

Isnt' the big-daddy of all 'misnomers' Megalosaurus? One of the
original dinosaurs, now of considerable controversy? Or if we're just
talking about misnaming things (ala B. giganteus) what about
Triceratops/Torosaurus?

--
Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College