Re: tiny-armed theropods

?
Why should every definition be based on extant taxa when possible ?
Owen's original definition is compatible with the modern sense given to Dinosauria. There is no necessity to add *Passer domesticus* because it is still living today (living for the moment, at least). The issue would be its relationship with *Megalosaurus bucklandi*. So far as I know, few paleontologists would dispute the fact that they are closer to each other than to, let's say, *Diplodocus longus* or *Iguanodon bernissartensis*.