From: "GSP1954@aol.com" <GSP1954@aol.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Sunday, 23 October 2011 8:25 AM
Subject: Tyrannosaurus was not a fat boy or girl

I've placed a comment with the Hutchinson et al. PLoS One paper on
Tyrannosaurus masses.

Enjoy.

It is becoming apparent that the uncertainties is restoring the power
dynamics of extinct animals are so extensive that it is not possible to
calculate
whether or not adult Tyrannosaurus were slower or as fast than the
obviously fast juveniles. If someone eventually comes up with power
calculations
estimating that an adult Tyrannosaurus could run 30-35 mph I will be happy but
not sure how it is more reliable than those estimating only 20-25 mph. We
are going to have to wait until time machines are available. I shall get to
work on that.

Also do not quite get the plot in Fig 6 in the Hutchinson et al. paper. It
seems to show 10 yr old Tyrannosaurus not weighing anything. Odd.

GSPaul</HTML>