Alf Museum renovated Hall of Life now open

Dear colleagues:

I am happy to announce that the renovated Hall of Life at the Raymond
M. Alf Museum of Paleontology, Claremont, California, is now open to
the public. The project brings a thorough update of exhibit content as
well as many never-before-displayed fossils. I am particularly proud
of our emphasis on evolution; while developing the exhibits we worked
hard to address many of the misconceptions out there ("there are no
transitional fossils," "evolution is a ladder of progress," etc.),
using the fossil record. We also display many discoveries made by high
school students from The Webb Schools (including one of the first
fossils - a brontothere skull - ever found by alum Malcolm McKenna).

We're in Claremont, California, only 30 miles outside of Los Angeles,
so please stop by. With the completion of the Hall of Life project,
all of our collections are once again accessible to researchers. In
addition to one of North America's largest collections of fossil
footprints, we also have important holdings of vertebrates (and
invertebrates), with an emphasis on western North America.
Particularly notable are extensive collections from the Barstow
Formation, Kaiparowits Formation, Goler Formation, and White River
Group, including many holotypes (e.g., Gryposaurus monumentensis,
Megahippus mckennai, and others).

Full details are available at our website: http://www.alfmuseum.org
and a press release about the renovation is available here:
http://alfmuseum.org/in-the-news/109-hall-of-life-renovation-completed

Best,

Andy Farke
Andrew A. Farke, Ph.D.