Re: giant toothed bird-species or genus that lasts 50 million yrs?

To answer this question, individual dinosaur species seem to last less
than 2 million years, and in cases where we have pretty good
resolution, span less than a million years apiece. See the
biostratigraphic chart here for the Dinosaur Park Formation for
example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Park_Formation (which
is based mainly on Arbour et al. 2009). The only species that are
known to span 1.5 Ma or more (e.g. _Euoplocephalus tutus_) are those
which have been cited in the literature as probably over-lumped.

Matt