Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

Just in case it is not related to your paper, what would be the
chances of a beast like Archaeopteryx to get into the air by taking
advantage of the ascending movements of air created at the sea shores?
I was recently wondering on the possibility (raised before on this
list) that these ascending masses of air may favor the origin of
airborne creatures with scarce flight abilities, partially because
Gregory Paul (2002, in Dinosaurs of The Air) indicated a similarity
between the dentition of Archaeopteryx and that of piscivores, and
because Archaeopteryx is so well preserved (likely without
transportation) in lagoon deposits. Besides, there is evidence that
Confuciusornis, which neither seems to be quite a great flyier, has
been found to be a fish-eater. Neither of these seem to be quite a
swimmer either, so my question is if Archaeopteryx and Confuciusornis
can soar or glide over the shores searching for dead or trapped fishes
(for example, in temporal bodies of water produced by sea tide) in
some energetically-efficient way, the way vultures can do by soaring
when facing some difficult to find feeding item. May this also explain
why primitive pterosaurs from Italy as Eudimorphodon seem also to be
piscivorous and found in marine sediments (perhaps taking advantage of
the same ascending currents)?

Cheers,

Augusto