----- Original Message ----
From: Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au>

The direct quote is

"Bony-toothed birds were a very successful group, living during most of the
Cenozoic period over a

time span of 50 to 60 million years."

The article isn't mentioning any particular species, or even genus, when it
gives the 50-60 million

year timespan. It's like saying that coelacanths or lungfish as general groups
have been around for

400 million years. It doesn't imply that any individual species or even genus
has lasted all that time.