Re: Hypothetical language amongst the more brainier dinosaurs

On Fri, Oct 28th, 2011 at 10:28 AM, john-schneiderman@cox.net wrote:

> > Dinotopia beat you to it.
> >
> > http://dinotopia.wikia.com/wiki/Footprint_alphabet
>
> Dinotopian dinosaurs used a simple replacement of Footprints [creating
> letters and punctuation] in place of the human English alphabet.  The
> requirements to 'write' is complex 'dancing-like' moves.
> I would think that simple hand slashing or foot scratching/raking would
> produce enough simple symbols that could convey a lot of different words
> or ideas.
> I do not see the development of sentence syntax or words, but multiple
> symbols could produce compound words, or more complex ideas.

The later Mesopotamian cuneiform styles (once the earlier pictograms were
stylised - or is that
stylus-ised?) looked very much like chicken scratchings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cuneiform_script2.jpg

However I'm mostly responding to this thread in order to correct the mispelling
in the subject
header (which apparently hasn't been annoying anyone else who responded quite
as much as it has
me).

Dann Pigdon