Re: Hypothetical language amongst the more brainier dinosaurs

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 5:56 PM, evelyn sobielski <koreke77@yahoo.de> wrote:

> What about the phonemic inventory? Is there reason to expect as many labial
> consonants as in humans? Voiced labials in particular?

Some modern-day dinosaurs are capable of simulating labials,
presumably using the syrinx. Of course, it's not a true labial, since
they lack lips. Our system of phonetic classification would be mostly
useless, given that the organs involved in production are different.

--
T. Michael Keesey
http://tmkeesey.net/