RE: Hypothetical language amongst the more brainier dinosaurs

  Consider the language a little less phonetic than expressive, as in sign
language. It would mean the representations used convey ideas, as in
pictographic wtiting (Mayan, Aztec, Chinese, non-Demotic Egyptian), rather than
phonemes of speech.

  If the writing is meant to be used as a form of physical motion, then,
dancing is itself a form of "speech," and one may never hear a vocalized form
of this. This has been used as the basis of some forms of "languages," and has
been alluded to in the science fiction of cats, in some cases (where a "body
language" is used) rather than trying to convert the "purrs" and such as
"speech."

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)