the composer as paleontologist

Henk Badings (1907-1987)was a lecturer in geology/paleontology prior to
devoting
his efforts full-time to music composition [symphonies, chamber music,
electronic music-pioneer].  I doubt he published any major research, but I was
curious if any body on the list with access to Dutch papers has ever run across
anything that he did?  Apparently he did a wide tour of Europe in the early
Thirties for some sort of research (no details).
Since he was born in the Dutch East Indies - and the Dutch were there primarily
for the oil - that may have given him his original interest in geology.  Dunno.