Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

Am 01.11.2011 04:24, schrieb Don Ohmes:

> Still, their feet are better suited to this than Archie's or even
> *Microraptor*'s.

 Wikipedia has an image of the "London Specimen" --

Famously disarticulated. If you look closer, you can actually see that the 1st metatarsal doesn't touch the others; the 1st metatarsal + toe just lies alongside the rest of the foot.

Compare the 10th and 11th specimens.

 are you saying that the foot of A. lithographica would have been
 unable to grasp your wrist?

Yes.

 Or walk on a horizontal branch the same diameter as your leg?

That should work (I can -- carefully but quickly -- walk on fallen logs 3 times the width of my feet, and that with shoes on), but how would it get there...?