Re: 11th specimen of Archaeopteryx

On 10/31/2011 11:40 PM, David Marjanovic wrote:
 are you saying that the foot of A. lithographica would have been
 unable to grasp your wrist?

Yes.

What evidence is there for that?

In the image it looks like a long toe pointing to the rear and 3? toes pointing forward. It looks in fact, very much like the foot of an American Wild Turkey, in a functional sense..

And I will happily put up any amount of money I can scrape up on the proposition that they can grasp the absolute HELL out of your arm.

Is the appearance illusory?