RE: Crop for seed-eating found in Hongshanornis and Sapeornis

"The researchers identified crops in two out of nearly 100 Sapeornis
chaoyangensis specimens and in one out of more than two dozen Hongshanornis
longicresta specimens"

Personally, I'd rather have a detailed osteology of these specimens, given the
controversial anatomy of Hongshanornis (see "Miscoded originally" at
http://home.comcast.net/~eoraptor/Ornithuromorpha.htm#Hongshanornislongicresta
) and still confusing cranial anatomy of Sapeornis, as well as the basically
undescribed anatomy of its e.g. presacral vertebrae and femur.  Indeed, such a
large sample of Sapeornis should be able to confirm or deny its probable
synonymies with Omnivoropteryx, Didactylornis and Shenshiornis
(http://home.comcast.net/~eoraptor/Avialae.htm#Sapeornischaoyangensis).

Mickey Mortimer