RE: Dinosaur Revolution: Anatomical Nitpicking

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Sim Koning
>
>       I noticed that some of the theropods in the show seem
> to be missing the pterygoid posterior muscle as well as the
> depressor mandibulae. Others have noticed this as well. I was
> just wondering if it was deliberate (artistic license) or
> just something that slipped through the cracks.

I'll let Krentz answer that one.

> BTW I thought the 2nd episode was pretty good. It felt like
> an animated/life action version of 'Age of The Reptiles',
> which was a comic series I very much enjoyed when I was a kid.

The comparison is 100% on: Richard Delgado was on the show from the beginning,
and "Age of Reptiles" was very much an inspiration
for it. (And indeed, the original intention of the show [no narration, no
humans, just a few captions] and original name ["Reign of
the Dinosaurs"] would have made it even closer.)

By the way, got the word from the producer this morning: out of respect for the
10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, the
Discovery Channel is going to not show episodes 3 (a mixture of many short
stories) and episode 4 (the Hell Creek community up
through the first few weeks/months of the Paleogene) until a later date. I will
let the list know what that date is when it is
announced.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216