RE: Bird extinctions at K-Pg boundary

Are the taxa being explicitly termed "orders," or are they simply tagging
-iformes on because that's what it seems everyone and their brother do? As
there is no formal convention for priority among "order" ranked taxa, "should"
here is in the eye of the beholder, and if said eye is a supporter of
PhyloCode, even more so we should pretend that these taxa can, in fact, contain
one another. Moreover, one can simply _ignore_ nomenclature using extraneous
"ranking" suffixes, and prefer, formally, something without such drawer-bin
baggage.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)