Re: Dinosaur Revolution Review

wasn't there a paper recently that showed how feathers of pigeons
(which clearly cover all the body, although they originate only on
parts of the skin, the pterylae) turn into an apparent feather-crest
when a bird carcass is flattened by sediment compression?

if fully feathered animals like pigeons show up "nearly naked" as
neo-fossil, I believe we should be very cautious claiming some
archosaur or other was NOT covered in thin filaments.

:)