RE: Dinosaur Revolution Review

  I just watched a recording of episode 4 (End Game) of Dinosaur Revolution and
loved
 it. Of course it helps that I'm a Tyrannosaurophile. The models were great,
the animation was great and the story was
great; these are some of the best CG dinosaur models I've seen. We finally get
to see a fuzzy baby rex, two adults working
together to take down a Triceratops (which had quills) and some really
cute/funny scenes here and there. Even if you didn't like the first
episode and stopped there, I think you should give this one a shot. Mr. Krentz,
you really need to use this episode to help convince a studio to let you do an
animated 'Raptor Red', because that's sort of what this episode felt like.

 I have a few gripes here and there, but they are relatively few in number and
I would rather encourage others to give it a chance for the time being.

Oh and thank you guys for not suggesting that a fall would always result in
instant death or crippling injury for an adult T. rex. I was getting tired of
seeing that elsewhere. I'm also glad the Tyrannosaurs actually seemed agile and
coordinated rather than hulking, clumsy Godzillas that could barely move.

> But we are dealiing with organisms here that in some cases increase
 their surface areas by many many many many orders of magnitude,

 while scale size (for instance) increases at no where near that rate.
Almost certainly there was the appearance of new follicles
> during ontogeny: the developmental process in these has (so far as I know)
> not been explored in great detail.

Huh, I hadn't thought about that. That's a really good point. I'm glad you were
there to work on the T. Rex episode ; )