Re: Dino-fuzz found in amber?

>>> Right, Mary Higby Schweitzer's work was on the amino acid sequences of
>>> proteins, from which DNA sequences can be reverse engineered.<<<

And specifically collagen proteins, which are structural proteins that
need to be more or less non-reactive with other proteins.  DNA, on the
other hand, is meant to come apart easily any time a gene needs to be
turned on or off, and requires molecular help to zip back up.  What a
molecule does (and therefore the evolutionary pressures put on it) is
likely to have an influence on its odds of being preserved over the
long-haul.

-Scott

--
Scott Hartman
Scientific Advisor/Technical Illustrator