Re: Dino-fuzz found in amber?

Mike Keesey <keesey@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Additionally, the "genetic code" mapping 64 codons to 20 amino acids is not
> > uniform in life - there are variations of it
>
> Didn't know that! Where can we read more about that?

>From Wikipedia:

"Because the vast majority of genes are encoded with exactly the same
code (see the RNA codon table), this particular code is often referred
to as the canonical or standard genetic code, or simply the genetic
code, though in fact there are many variant codes. For example,
protein synthesis in human mitochondria relies on a genetic code that
differs from the standard genetic code."

See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_code#Variations_to_the_standard_genetic_code

--
David Černý