Re: Dinosaur Revolution Review

----- Original Message -----

I remember that symposium. I also remember what Dr. Holtz mentioned about it on
the DML:

http://dml.cmnh.org/2001Jul/msg00243.html

"Oh, and did get a chance to check with the tyrannosaurid skin impressions at
the RTMP.  They do have mosaic scales, but these are smaller than those on
typical hadrosaurid or ceratopsid skin (actually, the collections specimen
is about as small-scaled as Gila monster scales).  The two patches I saw
(one on display, one in collections) are not wrapped around bones (i.e., not
full blown "tyrant mummies"), but the association of the specimen in
collections is pretty secure.  Currie says that the impressions on the type
of _Gorgosaurus_ (not recognized at first, only discovered a decade ago or
so) are even finer and somewhat more dispersed, which is why he said that
they had essenti