Re: Running around like an Ornitholestes with his head cut off...

Hi Jerry,

I was referencing some books I have on European history, but due to
concern that some of the stories may be apocryphal they went light on
the specifics.  I can send you the citations if you want (or try to
dig out their citations) but while reformatting this for my blog I
found what may be a more relevant discussion online here:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1172/does-the-head-remain-briefly-conscious-after-decapitation

Granted it's only a discussion with neurosurgeons and a (much) more
recent set of anecdotes, but I'm afraid the technical literature is
largely devoid of help on this subject.

-Scott