Embargos (was RE: Carnotaurus hands)

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Richard W. Travsky
>
> > From: Ben Creisler
> > bh480@scn.org
> >
> > Now that I'm out of the doghouse (I hope) for accidentally
> jumping the
> > gun on Talos because of an embargo-busting news story,
> here's a new paper.
>
> How does one know if there's an embargo?

Ideally you don't know, because there is no web-presence of the paper or such
until the embargo is listed. In the case Ben
mentioned, he cited a news item from a newspaper that (unfortunately) posted
prior to the embargo. Typically the information sent to
the press clearly states the date and time an embargo on an announcement is
lifted, and typically it is respected.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216