Re: more on Talos

Raptorial Talon <raptorialtalon@gmail.com> wrote:

> "I can't wait for the movie/TV special "Talos the Foot of Fate.""
>
> To later be riffed by Mystery Science Talons 3000?

The feet were undoubtedly used as some kind of weapon.  But what did
_Talos_ (and other derived troodontids like _Troodon_ and
_Linhevenator_) use their arms for?  Their forelimbs were short, but
also strong.  _Velociraptor_ had long, strong forelimbs to wrap around
large prey, with the sickle-clawed feet used either to slash or help
grip the prey (notably_Protoceratops_).  But what did their
short-armed relatives use their arms for?  The forelimbs of these
troodontids were too short to be used to capture small prey, although
they might have been used to help secure and position prey seized and
held by the mouth.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers