Re: The fate of Nyctosaurus specimen KJ2

There's is the real possibility that having the specimen described in the literature and its significance "professionally authenticated" results in a higher market value and desirability of the specimen, which causes further depredation of fossils. While I appreciate Chris Bennet's concerns, maybe a minimum in such a situation would be to describe the specimen only if a high resolution cast can be made and deposited in a public repository. The owner might not agree to allow that. If so, the solution might be to "Just say no." (I can't believe I just quoted Nancy Reagan)

Dan