RE: Reconstructing DNA (was Re: Dino-fuzz found in amber?)

> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:09:47 +1000
> From: tijawi@gmail.com
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Reconstructing DNA (was Re: Dino-fuzz found in amber?)
>
> Anthony Docimo <keenir@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > given that the manus of both is modified, can it really be considered an
> > unmodified shared
> > condition? (thus leaving the pes as the only option)
>

> Two responses:
>

> (1) I never said it was "unmodified shared condition" - I was refuting
> RT's claim that it was.

> > For example, the> > functionally tridactly in T-rex and chicken would be
> > regarded as a> > unmodified shared condition.

 if you're refuting it, why ask if he means the hand or hte foot?  wouldn't you
only ask for further specification if you agreed?  hence my statement.

> > if there's been no evolution, then what you call a chicken, is
> > *Tyrannosaurus
> > rex* full stop.
>
> What a ridiculous thing to say.

of course it is - that's the point of humor. (and I made that half of the post
to be humor)