Re: Molecular taxonomy for dummies?

Thanks for the data, Eike, I'm truly outdated...
Criticism has been raised on the likelihoodist use of probabilism and
the generalization it implies in restoring the past, because it
differs from predicting, in which use of probabilism seems of better
use.
I am largely ignorant on the bibliography related to the probabilistic
method-parsimony discussion, but as far as I was able to see,
parsimonists always seemed to have a better philosophical basis (based
in Popperian falsificationism), whereas likelihoodists more relied on
comparisons of performance relative to some accepted "true phylogeny".

Siddall, M. E. & A. G. Kluge. 1997. Probabilism and phylogenetic
inference. Cladistics, 13:, 313–336.