Re: Terra Nova: thoughts

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

[...]
My Facebook observations are a) kids love the show and b) those who have been around the block more often find it tedious, poorly placed, and a poor execution of some halfway decent ideas.

But it's got the bad guy from Avatar, I see...

Now, my thoughts: Plot/setting: "Political refugees and misfits escape via stable oneway timerift to a parallel past" is a combination of science fiction tropes that work fine for plot reasons. Parallel past allows for people to actually act and do things without consequences for the future (Utley's Silurian short story cycle and Stirling's Nantucket

I didn't catch from the ads it was a PARALLEL past. Was wondering about
Ye Olde Butterflie Effect

http://www.ugo.com/movies/the-simpsons-homers-toaster-takes-him-back-in-time