Re: Brachiosaur flexibility and face-shape (Was: Terra Nova: thoughts)

On 28 September 2011 16:32, Don Ohmes <d_ohmes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 9/28/2011 11:06 AM, Andreas Johansson wrote:
>
>> I'm told dolphins sleep one brain hemisphere at a time (and drown if
>> you sedate them to sleep bilaterally). Is that true? If so, might the
>> equivalent be imaginable for sauropods?
>
> LOL. Does this mean the legendary sauropod brain-in-the-rear-end has a
> logical function (i.e., enhanced sleep-walking/standing)?

(I'm sure that Don already knows this, but just for anyone who didn't ...)

There was NO butt-brain in sauropods or any other dinosaur.  The full story:
http://svpow.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/lies-damned-lies-and-clash-of-the-dinosaurs/

-- Mike.