Re: Might we remind all what the DML is for?

On 30 September 2011 22:01, Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:27, Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com> wrote:
>> It's very easy (and free!) to start a mailing-list of your own using
>> Google Groups.
>
> True, but GG is really poor in many ways (including being the target
> of much spam).

That's not been my experience.  I run a GG-based mailing list (on a
non-palaeo subject).  It has about 30 members, and has been running
for maybe three years.  In that time I have seen no spams at all, and
it's been very easy to administrate from the web panel.  Plus it has a
very good searchable and threadable archive.

Still, if someone wants to start a new list on a different platform,
by all means do.

- Mike.