Re: Mosasauridae synapomorphies

> I need the list of the synapomorphic characters of the family Mosasauridae
> Gervais, 1853.
> Does anyone have the PDFs of Gervais (1853) and Russell (1967)?

You are not going to find the autapomorphies* of Mosasauridae in anything as
old as those papers! For example, it only became clear in the last few years
that many of the adaptations of Mosasauridae to a fully aquatic lifestyle arose
twice convergently. I strongly suggest you begin with the latest paper I know,
cited below, and then work backwards through its references:

A.. R. H. LeBlanc, M. W. Caldwell & N. Bardet (2012): A new mosasaurine from
the Maastrichtian (Upper Cretaceous) phosphates of Morocco and its implications
for mosasaurine systematics, Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 32(1), 82 -- 104

* One clade has autapomorphies (auto- = self). Two clades have synapomorphies
(syn- = together). In case you're wondering -- yes, Willi Hennig liked making
up new technical terms just for the fun of it.