Re: Saber-toothed lemming fossils rewrite evolution

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Or could it have been the male babirusa, a boar with canines that grow
up through the skull and curve back as they grow, sometimes piercing
the skull or an eye? See Darren Naish's blog posting:

http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2010/03/babirusa_impales_own_head.php

Darren also posted an amusing  and highly detailed April Fools article
about amphisbaenians as ancestral to mammals:
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/2012/04/01/amphisbaenians-and-origins-of-mammals/

===
>The creepy thing is that I seem to remember seeing a mammal skull with the
>incisors projecting through the nasal cavity.

>Maybe it was a nightmare, one of those comparative anatomy nightmares...

-Jonas