As the kids say, *facepalm*...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/dinosaurs/9182551/Dinosaurs-must-have-lived-in-water-scientist-claims.html#disqus_thread

"It's not that they could manage to cope with it, or that they swam, or even
that they were submerged; but that they lived in water
that supported their weight."

The programme declared his theory "so revolutionary it stands the whole world
of palaeontology on its head."

But Prof Ford's theory has not yet gained credence with fellow scientists, with
an expert from the Natural History Museum claiming a
similar theory had been discussed and largely dismissed up to 100 years ago.

Dr Paul Barrett said: "Things have moved on quite a lot. I don't think we will
be re-writing the text books just yet."

--Thank goodness Paul was interviewed as a reality check!

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/