To: <tholtz@umd.edu>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>; <VRTPALEO@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 1:34 PM
Subject: RE: As the kids say, *facepalm*... [Scanned]

Paul appears to have been remarkably tolerant when confronted by such a notion - I am not so sure that many other people would have been. It's interesting that yet another one of these pie-in-the-sky ideas has got the palaeoworld ablaze again today and is right up there with the kraken story of 2011. Part of me does not even want to give this guy the time of day but, at the same time, this suggestion does need to be confronted publicly - I will be putting up a brief blog post later to refute this preposterous idea.

Regards,
Mark