Re: What is big, fluffy, and could tear you to shreds? Yutyrannus, the 9 m long feathered tyrannosauroid from China

This may be extremely naive on my part, but:

I recently had a chance to skim through a copy of "Feathered Dragons" in a
Singapore bookstore. I stress, skim - I was not in a position to buy the book
and have not given it a careful reading.

However: I was looking specifically for one thing and failed to find it.
Feduccia's current thesis requires (it would seem to me) accepting that
maniraptorids are convergent to dinosaurs. As this is a radical notion, I would
have expected in such a detailed book some discussion of the anatomical
features that support this idea, given his insistance that we should
concentrate on the anatomy of the specimens themselves.

However, try as I might I could not find any discussion of which maniraptorid
features are convergent and why, or which anatomical features contradict the
idea that maniraptorids are in fact true dinosaurs. Did I miss it?  Or has
Feduccia really put forward this idea with no supporting anatomical evidence?

Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON
Canada L5L 3W2