RE: What is big, fluffy, and could tear you to shreds? Yutyrannus, the 9 m long feathered tyrannosauroid from China

  Arguably, the dire wolves' fur is limited because, aside from the variances
on the intro and the dragons, the dire wolves are on screen in a very limited
fashion. The time to expose them is also countered by the lack of alien-ness to
their appearance: It should be easier to model a wolf's fur and just scale the
model up to pony-size than the obviously cgi'd dragons. I'm not sure it is
possible to avoid the Uncanny Valley, budget or no.

  But ... I agree, Rob's wolf did look particularly good.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/

Backs)

tholtz@umd.edu
dinosaur@usc.edu

owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu
[mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> > On Behalf
Of David Krentz

> > Dinosaur's salary
for movies and docs just went up. Now
> > they also need a
team of stylists and a hair/makeup trailer.

> :-)

Speaking of such thing, noted the fur on the Game of Thrones dire wolves in the
new season: it shows that you can have realistic

pelage/plumage on a (moderate) budget.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
> Email: tholtz@umd.edu Phone:
301-405-4084
> Office: Centreville 1216
> Senior
Lecturer, Vertebrate Paleontology
> Dept. of Geology, University
of Maryland

http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
> Fax:
301-314-9661

> Faculty Director, Science &
Global Change Program, College Park Scholars

http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc
> Fax:
301-314-9843

> Mailing Address: Thomas R.