Re: What is big, fluffy, and could tear you to shreds? Yutyrannus, the 9 m long feathered tyrannosauroid from China

I love seeing stylist ads in CG mailing lists.

On 5/04/2012 7:53 AM, David Krentz wrote:
  Dinosaur's salary for movies and docs just went up.  Now they also need a
team of stylists and a hair/makeup trailer.

On Apr 4, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

From: Dr Ronald Orenstein [mailto:ron.orenstein@rogers.com]

[snip]

However, try as I might I could not find any discussion of
which maniraptorid features are convergent and why, or which
anatomical features contradict the idea that maniraptorids
are in fact true dinosaurs. Did I miss it?
No.

Or has Feduccia
really put forward this idea with no supporting anatomical evidence?
Yes.

You write this as if this were a surprise.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
Fax: 301-314-9661

Faculty Director, Science&  Global Change Program, College Park Scholars
http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc
Fax: 301-314-9843

                        Department of Geology
                        Building 237, Room 1117