Re: Paleoart issues

GSPaul:

First, if you're claiming to own photos on the grounds of copyright, you don't have my sympathy.

Second, your next move is to get a lawyer and file a copyright lawsuit in federal court. Should you prevail, you might get $500, or more, or less, depending on what grade of copyright you can show you hold on these photos you don't want to share.

Third, this is a personal dispute between you and this museum. I'm not the owner of this list. But I highly doubt people here want to get involved and think this post probably is not appropriate.

I'd be very complemented if a museum "stole" my art work on dinosaurs, and I'd want as many people to enjoy it as want to. But I"m not you.

If your work is that good, there may be bits of it all over the Internet, so you've got your work cut out for you. But it won't get you rich on the penalties you can collect for copyright violation.

My own web site outright says my work is public domain, but please credit it to help prevent others from claiming the right to hog it. I'm sure some do and most don't, and since I mostly care that people HAVE the information, I don't keep track.

Yours,
Dora Smith