Re: Paleobirding in China 125 million years ago

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM, David Marjanovic
<david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:
> I had completely missed the fact that the teeth of *Longipteryx* were this
> big!

That's actually a specimen previously referred to in the lit as
_Longipteryx sp._ and later named _Camptodontus yangi_, though
"Camptodontus" is preoccupied. Could be a growth stage of _Longipteryx
chaoyangensis_, but overall even more similar to _Boluochia_ in terms
of the big honkin' teeth.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Ian Paulsen <birdbooker@zipcon.net> wrote:
> HI:
>  So I guess we need A Field Guide to Fossil Birds!

Stay tuned :D

Matt